Sunday, March 6, 2011

This Old Downtown (Mesa)

Regardless of how we think that Downtown Mesa needs to change or evolve, someone at thisoldhouse.com is bragging about it right now:

Best Old House Neighborhoods 2011>>





<< Mesa Historic Home Tour in Mesa's "West Second st Historic District", just north of Downtown.







This isn't an entirely new phenomenon, as the charm and potential of this area have been recognized before: See the Phoenix magazine article>>



Read the whole article on Duke Manor >>


___

2 comments:

  1. I just heard about your blog and I really like it. I used to work at West Mesa CDC a few years back before I moved out of state. My wife and I wanted to move to Duke Manor a few years back, but were unable to at the time. I love downtown Mesa and how unique this area is compared to the rest of the valley. Keep up the good post.

    H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heath

    I appreciate your comments. I remember Dave mentioning you when you were @ the CDC.

    You're absolutely right!
    ...and I will.
    Thx

    ReplyDelete